Maybe I’m within the minority, however I nonetheless obtain a number of music from Spotify. It’s actually useful to have tunes saved regionally on my telephone for a mess of causes. I can hear with out shopping for on-flight Wi-Fi, and day-after-day throughout my commute on the NYC subway when the Wi-Fi and LTE indicators inevitably minimize out underground.
Having easy accessibility to those downloaded songs and albums is vital to me, however the latest Spotify update that’s rolling out now (model 22.214.171.1247 for Android and eight.5.7.601 for iOS) makes them more durable to seek out for premium customers.
The “Your Library” part of the app not solely appears to be like completely different, however Spotify has eradicated the “Songs” part, leaving simply “Playlists,” “Artists,” and “Albums.” Don’t fear, all of your songs are nonetheless there. They’ve simply been moved round a bit.
These directions are the identical whether or not you have got the iOS or Android model of Spotify.
- To see your discography, faucet “Your Library” on the underside tray of choices.
- To kind your music by albums that you’ve got downloaded to your system, click on the “Albums” tab, then swipe all the way down to reveal a search bar. Subsequent to that bar is a button that claims “Filters.” Click on that, then filter by “Downloads.”
- To search out particular person songs, which used to be conveniently nested inside “Your Library” in a tab referred to as “Songs,” you’ll now have to observe a number of steps. First, click on the “Playlists” tab. When you’re there, go to the “Liked Songs” playlist, the place your whole downloaded songs dwell. (All of the songs that you just’ve downloaded are routinely “liked,” so it makes some type of sense that that is the place they’d be discovered, however it’s nonetheless complicated.)
- When you’re within the “Liked Songs” playlist, click on the menu button close to the highest proper of the display screen to disclose some settings. Click on “Filter downloaded songs” to solely present the songs you have got downloaded. Even if you happen to activate Spotify’s “Offline mode” within the app settings, you’ll nonetheless have to kind your music by downloads, in any other case it is going to show a bunch of unplayable songs.
- If you’d like, now you can hit “Shuffle Play” to randomize the songs that play.
That’s… a number of steps simply to have the ability to hearken to the songs that you’ve got saved regionally in your telephone so hopefully Spotify makes it a bit simpler to entry in future variations.
Vox Media has affiliate partnerships. These don’t affect editorial content material, although Vox Media could earn commissions for merchandise bought by way of affiliate hyperlinks. For extra info, see our ethics policy.