Shots of the longer term?
Move over, Tide Pods, there’s a new youngster security risk on the town. Over the weekend, the Glenlivet launched its “Capsule Collection,” through which photographs of whisky cocktails are encased in a dissolvable, seaweed-based pores and skin that you simply simply pop in your mouth. Alcohol poisoning with out even having to soiled a glass! [Wipes tear] that is the longer term the Jetsons wished.
The reception to the concept has been assorted, to say the least. Many incapacity activists pointed out that, for individuals who have a troublesome time choosing up glasses and opening bottles, that is a method for extra individuals to get pleasure from a stiff drink. But others say taking pictures one thing like a wonderful whisky shouldn’t be the right strategy to get pleasure from it, and that these servings are too huge to your common human mouth (please have a look at the best way the blonde lady within the video’s cheeks must broaden to accommodate it). Is this the way forward for alcohol? Don’t act such as you didn’t dream of alcoholic Gushers once you have been a child.
And in different information…
- Durian was decided to be the reason for a September 17th Air Canada flight being grounded. The flight was en path to Vancouver from Montreal, when, shortly after takeoff, the crew observed a “strong odor,” and have been pressured to put on oxygen masks as they looked for its origin. Eventually, it was so insufferable that the pilot turned the flight round. [Flight Global]
- A Napa winemaker acquired the longest sentence thus far for the Varsity Blues faculty admissions scandal. Agustin Huneeus Jr. was sentenced to 5 months in jail for conspiracy to commit fraud. [CNN]
- Corona is launching a onerous seltzer, which is able to are available in tropical lime, mango, blackberry, and cherry flavors. [Beverage Daily]
- John Stamos will play crab-hungry Chef Louis in The Little Mermaid Live! [Jezebel]
- International meals importers are stocking up on European items earlier than these new tariffs take maintain. [CNBC]
- We are wildly overfishing tuna, in keeping with a new examine in Fisheries Research. Our tuna fishing has elevated 1,000 p.c in 60 years, which you might have guessed is extraordinarily unsustainable. [NPR]
- Explaining the backlash to pretend meat, which incorporates considerations about ingredient sourcing and processing. [Vox]
• All AM Intel Coverage [E]