The Day by day Crunch is Internet’s roundup of our largest and most vital tales. In case you’d prefer to get this delivered to your inbox each day at round 9am Pacific, you’ll be able to subscribe right here.
1. Spotify Q1 hits 100M paying customers, 217M total, beats on gross sales however loss widens to $47M
Mainly, Spotify’s person progress is spectacular, however the monetary image is extra combined.
As for the following quarter, Spotify predicts MAUs of between 222 and 228 million, up 23-27 % year-over-year, whereas premium subs develop 29 to 34 %, to between 107 and 110 million.
2. Beats’ AirPods various begin transport Might 10
Earlier this month, Beats unveiled its long-awaited reply to AirPods. Now, the Apple subsidiary has introduced that its absolutely wi-fi earbuds go up for pre-order within the U.S. and Canada the morning of Might Three and can be accessible to everybody Might 10.
3. ‘The Division 2’ is the brain-dead, antipolitical, gun-mongering vigilante simulator we deserve
However at the very least it’s enjoyable?
4. Amazon Pay launches peer-to-peer funds in India
Prospects in India can now make immediate bank-to-bank transactions on the localized model of the Amazon app, permitting them to settle payments and different bills with pals, lend or return cash to household, pay for companies and extra.
5. 2019 Audi RS 5 assessment: A bruising high-tech cruiser
Matt Burns says it’s a pleasant automobile to go to, however he wouldn’t wish to reside with it.
6. This week’s Internet podcasts
We’ve bought an Fairness episode about Mary Meeker’s new fund, an Fairness Shot about Uber’s IPO and an Unique Content material phase recapping each the brand new Beyoncé live performance film on Netflix and final week’s episode of “Recreation of Thrones.”
7. Why your CSO, not your CMO, ought to pitch your safety startup
Zack Whittaker argues that no startup of any measurement — particularly a safety startup — needs to be with no chief safety officer. (Further Crunch membership required.)