Nadal and Djokovic have been this 12 months’s two dominant gamers after profitable two Majors every.
Djokovic received the Australian Open and Wimbledon with Nadal cleansing up at Roland Garros and the US Open.
Federer ends the season at quantity three for the second 12 months operating. The Swiss, who turned 38 in August, has reduce down his Tour commitments to deal with occasions round Grand Slams.
He reached the semi-finals of the French Open the place he misplaced to Nadal and the final eight at Flushing Meadows the place he misplaced in 5 units to world quantity 20 Gregor Dimitrov.
In between he misplaced an epic Wimbledon ultimate in opposition to Djokovic, the primary to be determined by a tie-break within the fifth set, suggesting that he nonetheless has hopes of a 21st main title in 2020.
Dominic Thiem, who took a set off Nadal within the ultimate of the French Open, strikes as much as quantity 4 after reaching the ultimate of the ATP Finals the place he misplaced to Stefanos Tsitsipas.
The 21-year-old Greek closes the 12 months at quantity six, simply behind Daniil Medvedev, after his triumph in London.
Former world primary Andy Murray started the 12 months ranked at 240 and the prospect of retirement.
As he struggled with surgical procedure on a hip harm and the next recuperation he had slipped to 503 in September earlier than a dramatic return to the courts, which produced a outstanding victory on the European Open in Antwerp, lifted him to a year-end 126.
ATP year-end rankings as of November 18:
1. Rafael Nadal (ESP) 9,985 pts
2. Novak Djokovic (SRB) 9,145
3. Roger Federer (SUI) 6,590
4. Dominic Thiem (AUT) 5,825 (+1)
5. Daniil Medvedev (RUS) 5,705 (-1)
6. Stefanos Tsitsipas (GRE) 5,300
7. Alexander Zverev (GER) 3,345
8. Matteo Berrettini (ITA) 2,870
9. Roberto Bautista (ESP) 2,540
10. Gaël Monfils (FRA) 2,530
11. David Goffin (BEL) 2,335
12. Fabio Fognini (ITA) 2,290
13. Kei Nishikori (JPN) 2,180
14. Diego Schwartzman (ARG) 2,125
15. Denis Shapovalov (CAN) 2,050
16. Stan Wawrinka (SUI) 2,000
17. Karen Khachanov (RUS) 1840
18. Alex De Minaur (AUS) 1775
19. John Isner (USA) 1770
20. Grigor Dimitrov (BUL) 1747
126. Andy Murray (GBR) 442