NASCAR at Dover: Denny Hamlin suffered carbon monoxide poisoning
Denny Hamlin had a scary expertise after he completed 21st Monday within the NASCAR Cup Collection race at Dover Motor Speedway.
Hamlin wanted to be tended to by medics after carbon monoxide seeped into his Toyota after his proper rear crush panel absorbed harm in the midst of the race.
Medics have been seen aiding Hamlin after he exited his automotive, and he was wheeled off the observe for additional analysis.
.@dennyhamlin was being attended to by medical workers on pit highway as soon as he exited his automotive. Appeared exhausted.
— Davey Segal (@DaveyCenter) May 6, 2019
Nonetheless, Hamlin — who based on The Internet skilled nausea and double-vision — downplayed the state of affairs, which may have been lethal, and mentioned the carbon monoxide wasn’t the large consider why he did not place nicely.
“That sort of hampered the very finish of the race for us, however it definitely wasn’t the deciding issue if we raced good or dangerous,” Hamlin mentioned Tuesday, through The Internet. “It was only a powerful race generally. It’s one of many extra bodily grueling racetracks we go to anyway. Then you definately do one thing like that, it makes it even worse.”
Martin Truex Jr. got here away with the victory Monday, his 21st profession win and second win at Dover. Alex Bowman, Kyle Larson, Kevin Harvick and Chase Elliott rounded out the highest 5, so as.
Hamlin mentioned he felt high-quality Tuesday and that he is getting ready for the Cup Collection race this weekend at Kansas Speedway.