For the second time in lower than two weeks, a Massachusetts restaurant was evacuated on account of a harmful chemical response within the kitchen, introduced on by a mix of cleansing brokers.
Customers and workers inside a Woburn Red Robin have been rushed out of the restaurant on Tuesday round 4:30 p.m., shortly after a cleansing crew took a number of cleansing brokers to the kitchen space, Woburn Fire Chief Stephen W. Adgate informed WCVB 5.
Adgate mentioned a 911 name was positioned by an worker on the restaurant, initially for “a chemical explosion,” however when first responders arrived at 369 Washington St., they decided it was a chemical response seemingly began by the cleansing supplies.
“It was a cleaning agent,” Adgate confirmed to the outlet. “We don’t have specifics of what particular cleaning agent it was.”
RELATED: Massachusetts Buffalo Wild Wings Reopens After Death of Manager Ryan Baldera in Cleaning Accident
All clients had been evacuated from the eatery by the point emergency personnel arrived, Adgate mentioned.
Three workers have been later transported to an area hospital out of precaution, however no different accidents have been reported.
“The initial evaluation at first, seem to be fine but if we’re gonna error, we’re gonna error on the side of caution,” Adgate defined. “We want to make sure they go, they get evaluated, and an all-clear from a medical professional.”
RELATED: Buffalo Wild Wings Manager Who Died in Chemical Accident Identified as 32-Year-Old New Father
Authorities are at present investigating the incident, which Adgate mentioned was “declared a level 1 hazmat emergency.”
“We take it very seriously,” he shared with the outlet. “We want to make sure we follow protocol procedure and make sure we do everything appropriately. So far, so good … Right now, it’s a time thing. We’re waiting for time to take its course.”
As they proceed to look into what occurred, the hearth chief added that the incident will seemingly trigger officers to pay “a little bit more attention … to certain chemicals that are on site.”
A spokesperson for Red Robin didn’t instantly reply to PEOPLE’s request for remark.
The incident comes lower than two weeks after a Buffalo Wild Wings in Burlington, Massachusetts, skilled the same — however deadly — chemical response from kitchen cleansing brokers, which tragically led to the dying of its common supervisor Ryan Baldera.
Emergency responders arrived on the restaurant on Nov. eight round 5:30 p.m. after receiving a report of a “sick individual and a potential chemical release,” interim Burlington Fire Chief Michael Patterson told reporters.
After being handled by paramedics outdoors of the restaurant for nausea, Baldera, 32, was transported to an area hospital, the place he later died, in keeping with a press launch from the Burlington Fire Department.
At least 13 different people, together with two clients and 11 workers, additionally turned sick as soon as the product was launched into the air of the restaurant, inflicting all of them to self-check into native hospitals.
It was later introduced that Baldera had been uncovered to “a strong cleaning agent” whereas cleansing the ground of the restaurant. (The deadly response occurred when two cleansing merchandise, Super eight and Scale Kleen, by accident got here into contact with one another.)
RELATED VIDEO: New Jersey Boy, 11, Dies from Apparent Allergic Reaction Seemingly Prompted by Smell of Cooking Fish
Due to the proximity of the terrifying occasions and the four-mile radius of the eating places, Adgate mentioned they have been being additional cautious now.
“The circumstances almost seem identical to an incident that happened in a neighboring community,” he informed WCVB. “The fact that it happened in Burlington about a week or two ago does heighten the awareness.”
“As you all know, what just happened in a neighboring community, we take these things very serious all the time,” he added.