Maybe I’m within the minority, however I nonetheless obtain a variety of music from Spotify. It’s actually helpful to have tunes saved regionally on my cellphone for a mess of causes. I can hear with out shopping for on-flight Wi-Fi, and each day throughout my commute on the NYC subway when the Wi-Fi and LTE indicators inevitably minimize out underground.
Having quick access to those downloaded songs and albums is essential to me, however the latest Spotify update that’s rolling out now (model 18.104.22.1687 for Android and eight.5.7.601 for iOS) makes them tougher to search out for premium customers.
The “Your Library” part of the app not solely appears to be like completely different, however Spotify has eradicated the “Songs” part, leaving simply “Playlists,” “Artists,” and “Albums.” Don’t fear, all of your songs are nonetheless there. They’ve simply been moved round a bit.
These directions are the identical whether or not you’ve gotten the iOS or Android model of Spotify.
- To see your discography, faucet “Your Library” on the underside tray of choices.
- To kind your music by albums that you’ve downloaded to your system, click on the “Albums” tab, then swipe all the way down to reveal a search bar. Subsequent to that bar is a button that claims “Filters.” Click on that, then filter by “Downloads.”
- To seek out particular person songs, which used to be conveniently nested inside “Your Library” in a tab referred to as “Songs,” you’ll now must observe a number of steps. First, click on the “Playlists” tab. When you’re there, go to the “Liked Songs” playlist, the place your whole downloaded songs stay. (All of the songs that you simply’ve downloaded are robotically “liked,” so it makes some form of sense that that is the place they’d be discovered, however it’s nonetheless complicated.)
- When you’re within the “Liked Songs” playlist, click on the menu button close to the highest proper of the display to disclose some settings. Click on “Filter downloaded songs” to solely present the songs you’ve gotten downloaded. Even in the event you activate Spotify’s “Offline mode” within the app settings, you’ll nonetheless must kind your music by downloads, in any other case it would show a bunch of unplayable songs.
- In order for you, now you can hit “Shuffle Play” to randomize the songs that play.
That’s… a variety of steps simply to have the ability to hearken to the songs that you’ve saved regionally in your cellphone so hopefully Spotify makes it just a little simpler to entry in future variations.
Vox Media has affiliate partnerships. These don’t affect editorial content material, although Vox Media could earn commissions for merchandise bought through affiliate hyperlinks. For extra data, see our ethics policy.