Eleven of 12 reservoirs 80% full: CWC

As many as 110 out of 120 reservoirs monitored by the Central Water Fee (CWC) had greater than 80 per cent of regular storage until this week, in line with official information launched right here.

These water our bodies have a cumulative water storage of 151.1 billion cubic metres (BCM), which is 17 per cent greater than the storage within the corresponding week final yr, mentioned an announcement launched by CWC. These dams had been crammed as much as 88 per cent of their dwell capability, as towards 75 per cent crammed up in the identical week final yr.

Bountiful water

In line with the India Meteorological Division, the nation as a complete obtained 110 per cent of the lengthy interval common of 89 cm rainfall in the course of the present monsoon season. Through the interval until September 30, about 77 per cent of districts within the nation obtained regular or extra rainfall, with the remaining 23 per cent receiving poor rains.

Reservoirs in all main agriculturally-important States have bountiful water. Most reservoirs in Madhya Pradesh, the State with the best irrigation potential within the nation, are full and have a complete storage of 27.44 BCM, which is 97 per cent of dwell capability.

 

https://www.thehindubusinessline.com/

 

Sixteen reservoirs in Karnataka, then again, have a cumulative water storage of 22.73 BCM, filling up 92 per cent of the capability. Each the Western Indian States of Gujarat and Maharashtra are having fun with bountiful water reserves, boosting the prospects of a very good rabi crop.

The reservoirs in Gujarat have a complete storage of 16.91 BCM, which is the same as 94 per cent of the cumulative dwell capability of 17 water our bodies within the State.

Maharashtra, too, has snug water storage of 16.88 BCM, with 91 per cent of 24 dams within the State full.

The variety of reservoirs having storage greater than final yr are 76, whereas the variety of reservoirs having storage lower than or equal to 20 per cent with respect to final yr is just two, the water fee mentioned.

#Share

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on whatsapp
Share on reddit
Share on vk
Share on odnoklassniki

Login to Comment

Follow creators, Create posts or Comments on post, All in one Login.

#Random-Yet-Related

Didn’t find any awesome content on HomePage!! Don’t work we have some more options for you. ;)

Log In

Forgot password?

Don't have an account? Register

Forgot password?

Enter your account data and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Your password reset link appears to be invalid or expired.

Log in

Privacy Policy

To use social login you have to agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website. %privacy_policy%

Add to Collection

No Collections

Here you'll find all collections you've created before.

Share on facebook
Share on google
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on whatsapp
Share on email

Create Account

Create Account & Share posts like videos, audios or writings here with the world.
It's free