Christina Mauser was additionally on-board alongside Kobe Bryant and his daughter Gianna when their helicopter crashed on Jan. 26.
Girls basketball coach Christina Mauser, 38, was considered one of 9 victims aboard the helicopter that claimed the lives of Kobe Bryant, 41, his daughter Gianna, 13, alongside together with her teammate Alyssa Altobelli and her mother and father John and Keri. The Sikorsky S-76 plane was touring from Orange County to Thousand Oaks, California when it crashed round 10:00 a.m. on Sunday, Jan. 26 in Calabasas. Emergency personnel hiked to the placement of the location, however there have been no survivors upon their arrival. Here’s 5 issues to learn about Christina Mauser, a mother of three who tragically misplaced her life.
1. Her loss of life was confirmed by the Mayor of Costa Mesa. Mayor Katrina Foley took to Twitter to specific her condolences. “I just learned that our amazing Matt Mauser of TiajuanaDogs lost his wife Christina in the crash,” Katrina tweeted on Jan. 26. “She coached the girls team. This devastating tragedy gets worse by the hour. So much pain for so many local families. Our hearts are broken & grieving for the families impacted.” Christina was a resident of Huntington Beach, California, in line with Facebook.
2. She was married with youngsters. Her husband Matt Mauser posted an emotional message on Facebook upon studying of his spouse’s passing. “My kids and I are devastated. We lost our beautiful wife and mom today in a helicopter crash. Please respect our privacy. Thank you for all the well wishes they mean so much,” he shared on social media, which garnered over a thousand shares. The couple shared three youngsters collectively, together with eldest daughter Penny Rose, 11, son Tommy, and daughter Ivy born in Feb. 2016. Matt’s brother Gabe Mauser additionally took to social media to verify the information. “My sister-in-law Christina Mauser was on board. She leaves behind her husband, two daughters, and a son. Lots of people effected by this horrific accident,” he posted.
3. She was a basketball coach. Christina coached Gianna Bryant and Alyssa Altobelli at Mamba Sports Academy, the place the women have been a part of the Los Angeles Lady Mamba workforce. Kobe based the academy, named for his alter-ego, in 2018. Christina was additionally an assistant ladies basketball coach at a non-public elementary college in Orange County, along with teaching at Harbor Day School in Corona del Mar. “Proud of my wife! She and Kobe did a clinic for WNBA players up at the Mamba Academy! Big Time Baby!” her husband Matt Mauser captioned a photograph. Matt additionally appeared to know Kobe, because the pair may very well be seen posing in entrance of a helicopter in a candy photograph taken in Nov. 2018.
4. Her husband is in music. Matt identifies as being a member of the teams Tijuana Dogs and Sinatra Big Band on Facebook. “Based out of Orange County, California, the Tijuana Dogs are a excessive power rock/dance/get together band. They have carried out with musical greats corresponding to Lynyrd Skynrd, Pat Benatar, Florida Georgia Line, Macklemore, Cheap Trick, KC and The Sunshine Band, Poison, Pitbull, 50 Cent, Flo Rida, and extra,” their official bio reads. Matt based Tijuana Dogs again in 1997.
5. She was a California native. Christina grew up in Huntington Beach, CA and attended Edison High School, the place she performed on the Chargers. Her alma mater posted a candy tribute via Twitter, writing “Our Charger Family is saddened to hear this news of Former Charger, Christina Patterson Mauser. #RIP.” Her former coach Dave White additionally expressed his condolences. “It’s tragic…it’s gut wrenching,” he mentioned, visibly shaken.