Canadians will forged their ballots right this moment within the nation’s 43rd common election after what federal social gathering leaders have known as a divisive marketing campaign. Here’s what else you want to know to begin your day.
1. Election 2019: As Canadians head to the polls right this moment, the ultimate spherical of polling carried out by Nanos Research earlier than election day means that it might come down to the wire between the Liberals and Conservatives.
2. Housing crisis: Despite declining poverty figures, many lower-income Canadians nonetheless really feel ignored after the leaders of the primary political events pledged to do extra for the center class.
3. Credit card prices: Scotiabank says it has recognized a technical subject that resulted in professional prices on clients’ bank cards showing mislabelled.
4. Artwork vandalized: A graffiti mural of Swedish local weather activist Greta Thunberg that surfaced in Edmonton days after the teenager introduced her message to the town has been defaced.
5. Gut microbiota: A new European examine has discovered that a person with a eating regimen of legumes, bread, fish, nuts and purple wine is probably going to have excessive ranges of wholesome intestine micro organism.
One other thing…
Photo of area: An Ottawa astrophotographer who has been fascinated with area for years has earned recognition from NASA scientists for a dramatic picture of the aftermath of two galaxies colliding.